Coditherm is the quintessential industrial printer, presenting with all the advantages of Thermal Transfer technology. It is an international patent-owned product enable direct coding in the production line without the use of any plates.
Coditherm I-ROLLER 2 is recommended for applications requiring high temperatures and/or high frequencies. The model fits a transfer roller which is heated by infrared emitters to make the roller tougher and longer lasting and to improve energy transfer.
Coditherm is needed when there is requirement of variable messages, like barcode, progressive numbers, or frequent variation of production lots (with different messages, logos ...). When customers require variable information, the Coditherm gives advantages against the classic hot foil:
- No metal pad to be replaced at each message change
- Saving of metal pad costs and leadtime
- Saving of production Stops
- Possibility to set up sequential numbers “electronically”
Structure of the system and technology with two foils
- Inked ribbon with clear receptor, working together in the Printing section to generate the image with the printhead action.
- Application section with heat and pressure
Inked ribbon plus receptor ribbon, packed in 500m long rolls. The ribbons are available in a wide range of colours and types, including metallic colours.
- Max. printing area: 95 x 330 mm (the printing area depends on the transfer device type)
- Printing definition: 12 dots/mm (300dpi).
- Printing speed: up to 90mm/s
- Max. piston force: 1870N (at6 bar).
- I-R Heater power: 1KW, max. absorption 1200 VA.
- Max. stroke of piston: 60mm
- Recommended ribbon type: POSY types for printing on slightly rough surfaces; RINK types for printing on glossy surfaces.