Coditherm is the quintessential industrial printer, presenting with all the advantages of Thermal Transfer technology. It is an international patent-owned product enable direct coding in the production line without the use of any plates.
Coditherm ROUND is the solution recommended in case of round objects. The transfer part consists of a fixed carriage that supports a heated roll and the object to be marked is rotating.
Coditherm is needed when there is a requirement of variable messages, like barcode, progressive numbers, or frequent variation of production lots (with different messages, logos ...). When customers require variable information, the Coditherm gives advantages against the classic hot foil:
- No metal pad to be replaced at each message change
- Saving of metal pad costs and lead time
- Saving of production Stops
- Possibility to set up sequential numbers “electronically”
Structure of the system and technology with two foils
- Inked ribbon with clear receptor, working together in the Printing section to generate the image with the printhead action.
- Application section with heat and pressure
Inked ribbon plus receptor ribbon, packed in 500m long rolls. The ribbons are available in a wide range of colours and types, including metallic colours.
- Max. printing area: 95 x 330 mm (the printing area depends on the transfer device type)
- Printing definition: 12 dots/mm (300dpi).
- Printing speed: up to 90mm/s
- Max. piston force: 754N (at6 bar).
- Pad heater cartridge capacity: 200W/27 Vac.
- Max. temperature setting of heater cartridge: 250C
- Max. stroke of piston: 60mm.
- Recommended ribbon type: POSY types for printing on slightly rough surfaces; RINK types for printing on glossy surfaces.